Saturday 29 June 2013

Gruesome Toilet interview

1. Please tell us the story of your new release, Scatological Makeover, how long did it take to make, who is featured in it?

Hey buddy, yes yes let’s talk toilet. Scato Mako took a couple of months to complete but it wasn’t like I was working on it every day. I purposely held off recording vocals so I could do them on Halloween (’12) because I'm so evil.  Adam of the mighty Anal Birth and this freak named Big Frog abused guitars on this one. Not one riff to be found so don’t be alarmed….it’s just total mud. Pretty harsh stuff. There’s also some solo goof trax in the mix which I like doing.  There’s an even newer recording finished “Aroma du Toilette” which is going to be put out by Grosser Than Gross Recs (Mexico). It’s wet & wild insanity.  And I wanted to mention that I put out a pro tape last year Full Power Poop-O-Matic. It’s a mix of 4 different sessions.  I’m slowly working on a new one as we speak (or as I type).  Check my faggoty blog for news or shit that’s going on. I usually update it once a month. And if you’re thinking it might be a total dork-out posefest, well you’re Fuckin A’ right, bud! 

2. What have you been listening to lately my friend?

Geto Boys (old stuff). We Can’t Be Stopped is my fave. I’ll fucking jump from Pet Shop Boys to Mortician in a flash. I’m all over the place. Rupture (they kill), Albert Fish Is My Hero, Mr. California and the State Police, Lycia… I usually burn off a little compilation-manifestation and spin that about 3-4 times before making another one. I’ll have all kinds of shit from Smokey Robinson to Jesus Chrust to Alice Cooper to Masonna to Geto Boys to Duran Duran, lotta death metal oldies that still get my dick hard and a bunch of shit you ain’t never heard of. Very few full length LPs hold my attention from beginning to end anymore. I got better shit to listen to than every song on this band or that band’s CD.

3. Any addiction issues lately, here at IS zine we love shit-noise existence and would love any tales of self destruction!

Nah I’ve never done hard drugs in my life.  I drink a lot because I honestly enjoy it, not because I’m trying to destroy myself. It takes a real man to drink like me (joking). My addiction lately has been cooking and eating. I eat like a pregnant woman. Damn I can throw down.  You wanna fuck with me get in the kitchen!  Show ya how it’s done. Sorry to disappoint with this lame ass answer but I’m a sweetheart.

4. How is your love life going, get any mousy-librarian chicks lately? No wait, that's my type

Well there was that one chick that looked like Kim Darby.  Ha!  Me and my hand are getting along quite nicely. Sometimes I change lubes to keep things interesting. Truth told I don’t use lube very often.  I haven’t had any kind of rapport with women in ages. I just jack off and I don’t have to think about them.  I went thru pussy withdrawal so I don’t miss having real sex all that much. On a hypocritical note I do get tired of jacking off all the time though. I jerk it 3 times a day and at 35 my balls are amazingly still full of cum. I really should spread this love around.   

5. Reading any books lately, any favorite authours? Who inspires your shit-noise philosphy?

I’m always reading something. The last book I read was Crystal Lake Memories by Peter Bracke. I use to tell everyone that Lovecraft was my favorite author but I don’t know anymore. Some of his stuff is amazing while some of it can be boring as fuck. His imagination was incredible. He could create an entire world right there on the page. His writing has inspired me.  Sexual frustration, being a loser and my refusal to belong or fit in fuel the fire of my pathetic existence. I’m not trying to sound serious, but it’s true.
 
6. What does it take to be a dedicated tape fiend like yourself, any tips? Do you inhale xerox-printer fumes and get a hard-on while photocopying shitty hand made covers?

More of a labor of love you could say. I always hated making tape covers and hanging out at Kinko’s.  But there is a payoff at the end of the day. First of all, you have to know what you’re looking for and if you know how to find it then your life is rich. You will be rewarded for all the time spent fucking your life away on meaningless bullshit. At least I’m not a grown up with an ipod.

7. Who have you been in contact with lately, got any projects from like-minded noise-fanatics you'd like to tell us about?

I still talk to pretty much the same old creeps that I’ve been talking to for years. I’ve lost touch with quite a few though. Then there’s those who grew up and became boring snobby stuck up dickheads, Wait that would be a good title for a movie. They can all fuck off. LURCHING ABYSS is the only new project that really made me look up and say hey holy shit that's fuckin' sick. I love what they’re doing. You can stop reading now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment